Work life balance…it’s not a term we tend to use here at Realise as it’s hard to define. We believe life is life and work is part of that, but we do understand many people struggle to gain a happy medium. Are you or your employees struggling to get it right? Check out some of our top tips to help you on your way.
- Create Routine – time is precious. Having a routine can help keep us on track both mentally and physically which can make our days more positive and productive.
- Add down time to your schedule – we all need a break right?! Block some time out so it’s in the diary.
- Unplug after work – whether it be adding an extra 5 minutes to your journey home to ease the mind or having a bath after tea…make it a priority to do you!
- If you can, work remotely for a day or two a week – being at home and cutting out the journey to and from work can give you that extra time to even pop a wash on, on a week day instead of having a pile of house jobs to do at a weekend.
- Trust your co-workers – it’s so easy to need to have control over everything isn’t it? But letting go and having trust in your colleagues can make the world of difference.
- Boundaries – create them! Setting boundaries at work will help you reduce the amount of time you spend reacting to other people’s desires. It’s ok to say no when you feel it’s right.